A Message from the Governor
Montana is preparing to make important strides to improve the health of its citizens.
These strides will be facilitated by partnerships among state, tribal, and local governments, as well as private and non-profit entities. I am pleased to present "Big Sky. New Horizons. A Healthier Montana: A Plan to Improve the Health of Montanans," a road map through which this can be achieved. To fully realize a Healthier Montana, individual residents will need to be responsible to maintain and improve their own health and the health of their families.
TO ACHIEVE A HEALTHIER MONTANA,
We encourage Montanans to:
- Stay active and eat well
- Live tobacco free
- Get age-appropriate immunizations
- Take simple steps to prevent injuries
- See a health care provider regularly
- Contribute to and enjoy a healthy environment
We pledge ourselves to:
- Pursue the goals and strategies described in this state health improvement plan
- Build a public health and health care system that supports these goals
- Facilitate partnerships that support these goals
To the extent that these goals are achieved, there will be a Healthier Montana: healthier babies and children; healthier parents; healthier students; healthier seniors; healthier workers; healthier citizens to support and enjoy the special place that is Montana!
State of Montana
The State of The State's Health Report
2-Page Summary of the State Health Improvement Plan
State Health Improvement Plan Annual Progress Review - 2015
State Health Improvement Plan Annual Progress Review - 2016
2017 State Health Assessment Initial Findings Presentation
2018-2022 Montana State Health Improvement Plan Proposed Priority Areas